User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

If you have lost your job or are laid off temporarily, without pay, due to COVID-19, whether you are an employee or if you are self-employed, you can apply for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment. This new payment delivers income support to the unemployed (be they self-employed or employees).


  1. Fill out the attached COVID UP form. In the “Employer name, address, phone no” section write down “Self-employed as ….”  To make the process quicker, add a letter stating your Self Employment details: the nature of your business, how your business was affected by COVID-19 (closed/reduced hours & pay / etc), the date you got income the last time, details of any other income you might have.


  1. Post the documents out to: Freepost, PO Box 12896, Dublin 1 or your Local INTREO Centre.



  1. After sending out COVID Unemployment forms, you are advised to apply for Jobseeker’s Benefit (Short time Work Support). Both UP1 & UP14 forms (below) must be submitted. If you are granted the Jobseekers Payment, your COVID Payment will stop.


Thanks to JF Bookkeeping for compiling these steps

Facebook (@bookkeeperkenmare)

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 


Downloads (right click + save as)